Ambrose MascareñasDistrict 4
Ambrose Mascareñas was elected to the Kit Carson Electric Board of Trustees in May of 1996. He is currently serving his fourth consecutive term as Trustee for District 4 which serves Las Trampas, Peñasco, Chamisal, Vadito, Rodarte, Llano, Ojo Sarco, Tres Ritos, El Valle, Llano San Juan, Rio Lucio, Picuris Pueblo and Sipapu. Throughout his service on the board, Ambrose has served as Secretary in 1996, and again in 2001, Vice-President from 1998-99, NMRECA Director from 1999-2002, KCEC President from 2004-06 and is currently the NMRECA alternate Board Director.
Ambrose successfully achieved the Credentialed Cooperative Director Certification from NRECA. He is sensitive to issues relative to our future energy generation and is receptive to renewable energy initiatives, technological advancements, etc., and the changes they entail. He brings to the board a wealth of knowledge that helps him to act in the best interests of the members and has played an influential role in the following cooperative issues:>
- Activist in the endeavor to keep rates down.
- His involvement in legislative issues, and his interaction with the Public Regulations Commission on issues relative to electric utilities, the co-ops and its consumers. The start-up of the Propane Division. The establishment of the Call Center facility and partnership agreements.
- Obtaining $7.8 million in federal funding for renewable energy initiatives and homeland security projects.
- His contribution among the other board members in establishing the Questa, Peñasco and Ojo Caliente Satellite offices.
- Bringing into reality the transmission lines and substations in Peñasco (69kVA) and Ojo Caliente (115kVA). His experience while on the board gives him the insight needed to work in the best interests regarding the direction of the Co-op.
- His past experiences and accomplishments also contribute to the success of his board representation, including:
- His service in the New Mexico/Utah Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserves.
- Taos County Magistrate Judge for 14 years.
- His contribution in working with County commissioners in acquiring $14 million to build Holy Cross Hospital and establish the Penasco Holy Cross Clinic, and other accomplishments that benefited the members within the surrounding communities.
Ambrose and his wife Mary reside in Llano de San Juan. They are blessed with 5 children, 8 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren with whom they especially enjoy spending time. Ambrose is proud of the fact that the people within the district he represents approach him with their Cooperative concerns and he encourages them to continue to call on him should they have a need.
THe KCEC Team
- Luis A. Reyes Jr. CEO
- Richard A Martinez COO
- Carmella Suazo Administrative Assistant
- Bobby Ortega President District 2
- Manuel Medina Secratary District 1
- Bruce Jassman Treasurer District 5
- Cristobal Duran Vice President District 4
- Ambrose Mascareñas District 4
- Arthur Rodarte District 3
- Bernie Torres District 2
- Robert Bresnahan District 1
- David Torres District 1
- Luisa Valero-Mylet District 1