- Date Published: August, 3, 2020
- Contact Name: Lynn Gilley, HR Director
- Email: email@example.com
Serves customers by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems. Under the supervision of the Office Manager, performs those duties associated with the provision of new service to consumers and the administration of the ticket order system. Serves customers by communicating with customer the costs of their fiber installation and their options. Communicates with customers the process of moving forward and explains in detail what the steps are regarding locates, underground and aerial construction, years of service contract required and payments. Processes payments in ‘Contribution and Aid ISP’ for fiber drop construction. Verifies that all paperwork is complete including contracts and lease agreements and assigns work order number before submitting to Scheduler to be processed.
Manage a high volume of customers via incoming calls, walk in, or e-mail; Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction; Build trust through open and interactive communication; Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools; Meet personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas; Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution; Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents; Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies; Go the extra mile to engage customers; Generate sales leads.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information and typing notes so that the status of construction / customer is always known.
- Resolves service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Prepares service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receives customer account information, verifies completeness and accuracy and enters applicable data into computer system; as necessary, provides oral and written information to customers with respect to their account status and service delivery.
- Manage a high volume of customers vis incoming calls, walk in, or email.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build trust through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods and tools.
- Meet personal service team sales targets and call handling quotas.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers.
- Reviews estimates and contracts customers to discuss cost and procedures moving forward.
- Receives payment for fiber optic installation costs and verifies paperwork is complete before submitting for scheduling.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- The foregoing position description is not limiting nor is it all-inclusive of the duties to which an incumbent employee may be assigned. In order to ensure maximum workforce flexibility and efficiency, to promote cross-training among positions, and to meet changing business needs, employees will be assigned to such differing and additional duties as are deemed necessary or desirable by the business.
Post-high school formal training in basic computer literacy and general business practices is required; some formal course work in public or customer relations is desirable; the incumbent must possess specific prior work experience in positions where computer use, administrative, and consumer relations skills and abilities essential to competent performance of the position’s duties have been adequately demonstrated. Strong experience in phone etiquette, handling skills, and active listening is essential as well as a customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
Customer Service; Product Knowledge; Quality Focus; Problem Solving; Documentation Skills; Active Listening; Phone Skills; Conflict Resolution; Analyzing Information; Multi-tasking; Computer literacy skills; Time Management; Learning Aptitude.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, hourly position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a half hour lunch. This schedule can change if necessary to meet the demands of the business. Evening and weekend work may be expected as job duties demand.
Other Positions Available
- Position Available Schedule Date Posted
- Kit Carson Internet Customer Service Representative 1 August 3, 2020
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative General Application April 12, 2019