- Date Published: August, 1, 2022
- Contact Name: Shannon Roberts
- Email: email@example.com
The Operations Manager ensures customer deliveries are scheduled and delivered in a timely and safe manner, all drivers are compliant with safety regulations and trained routinely in safety issues, outside personnel’s customer service contacts are conducted in accordance with service standards, the Propane fleet and operating equipment is maintained properly and acts as the primary liaison from Propane management to Propane’s Drivers and Service Technicians.
- Supervise and oversee Drivers and Service Technicians
- Maintain Propane fleet and equipment for compliance, safety, and efficiency
- Plan, develop and conduct the Propane Safety Program in conjunction with KC Electric Safety Program and represent Propane on the Kit Carson Safety Committee
- Conduct and maintain annual plant and vehicle inspections, e.g., VK, calibration and LP Gas
- File all monthly and annual inspection reports per DOT requirements
- Order and maintain all necessary parts, filling, and materials for typical service.
- Update internal records of Driver’s required certifications: CDL physicals, HazMat testing and fingerprinting with Human Resources and Kit Carson Electric Safety Coordinator.
- Schedule and maintain CDL physicals, HazMat testing and fingerprinting and liaise with KC Safety Coordinator on random testing
- Deliver refined fuel and propane products on assigned route and schedule.
- Operate vehicles safely, according to policies and guidelines set forth by law or by Kit Carson Propane Inc.
- Provide feedback to Propane Office regarding route efficiencies and customer needs.
- Properly use handheld systems for accurate deliveries.
- Communicate any issues as they relate to own accidents or injuries immediately to the Propane General Manager.
- Inspect customer installations to ensure safe and dependable operation and report any issues to the Propane Office.
- Be knowledgeable about all products and services offered by company.
- Present a positive image of Kit Carson Propane to the community.
- Support and understand company policies and procedures and be able to communicate those to customers as needed.
- Partner with Customer Service and Kit Carson Propane management to provide exceptional customer service and promptly address all customer inquiries and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned vehicle in a safe and clean condition and for performing daily and monthly bobtail procedures, e.g., ESV-Hose and Piping inspections.
- In off-season delivery times, perform service work (tank set, tank painting, plant maintenance) as directed by management.
- Perform pressure checks when storage tanks are out of fuel.
- Responsible for all service calls when on standby status.
- Approval of employee payroll for field employees and check manifest against timesheets.
- Develop plans and procedures.
- All other duties assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (IF ANY):
Oversees all outside operations and personnel.
Reports to Propane General Manager.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY (IF ANY):
Oversees all Drivers and Service Technicians and has first-level authority about operational decisions. Will consult with Propane management on personnel issues.
- Commitment to a culture of safety and to personal safety practices.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal, State, Local and company regulations and policies
- Decision-making within known boundaries.
- Ethical practices.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND PERCEPTUAL FUNCTIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot or cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and flammable materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- Pushing and pulling 80 lbs.
- Floor to knuckle lifting of 70 lbs.
- Knuckle to shoulder lifting of 35 lbs.
- Shoulder to Overhead lifting of 50 lbs.
- Position may require working long days (with overtime pay as legally required) evening hours and weekends as needed seasonally.
SUCCESS IN THE JOB – HOW DETERMINED?
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are:
- Accuracy and timeliness of record keeping for: required personnel certifications, DOT-related reporting, fleet and equipment records and safety records and reporting.
- Maintaining a personal safe driving record.
- Overall Propane safety program effectiveness.
- Efficiency and timeliness of deliveries and service work as determined by customer service statistics and satisfaction rating.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, PREFERENCES:
The position requires an independent, courteous, efficient and dedicated employee. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Class A or B Commercial License w/clean driving record.
- Hazmat endorsement and CDL at time of hire.
- 1+ years tanker experience within the last 5 years preferred.
- Lead Driver experience.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language.
- Ability to operate in adverse weather conditions, including off road.
- Ability to abide by all DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals and reports.
- Ability to respond knowledgeably and accurately to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Consistently demonstrates cooperative, team-oriented behavior.
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in the oil and gas field and on the road.
Other Positions Available
- Position Available Schedule Date Posted
- Tree Trimmer August 11, 2022
- Tier 1 ISP NOC Technician January 20, 2021
- Telecom Engineer August 11, 2022
- Propane Service Technician August 1, 2022
- Propane Operations Manager
- Propane Delivery Driver
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative General Application April 12, 2019
- Human Resources Manager August 11, 2022
- Electric Staff Accountant
- Electric Mapping Technician