- Date Published: October, 30, 2023
- Contact Name: Shannon Roberts
- Email: email@example.com
As a Propane Service Technician for Kit Carson Propane, you will be responsible for traveling to customer’s location to access equipment and provide technical repair and service work.
What You’ll Do:
- Install propane tanks and gas lines and pressure test gas service lines to make sure system passes all state & local installation/permit requirements.
- Pressure check, repair and maintain propane lines and appliances; and providing service to our residential, commercial, and industrial customers according to state and local requirements.
- Order all appliances, fittings, parts and materials for assigned tasks.
- Convert gas appliances.
- Consult with and educate customers on propane safety matters.
- Examine regulators, gas lines, and appliance connections for possible defects or gas leaks.
- Inspect assigned vehicle daily and report any problems in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- Follow local, state, Federal laws and regulations regarding propane delivery, storage, and use.
- Identify and correct any leaks from the tank to equipment connection.
- Respond to customer emergencies as needed.
- Backup propane delivery route driver to help handle peak demand periods (e.g., winter months).
- Operate consistency with a safety-first mindset with a relentless focus on the safety of our customers, team members, communities, and strict compliance propane safety regulations.
- Keep CDL physical, HazMat testing and fingerprinting status current.
- Maintain assigned vehicle, keeping it clean and operating it safely.
- Perform vehicle and equipment safety checks before and after each trip per policy.
- Report accidents and injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain bobtails, bulk plants as needed.
- Order parts and material for bobtails & plants as needed.
- Responsible for all service calls when on standby status.
- All other duties as needed.
What you bring:
- Basic mechanical and plumbing skills.
- 1+ years tanker experience within the last 5 years (preferred)
- Class A or B Commercial License w/clean driving record with Hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsement as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals and reports.
- Ability to respond knowledgeably
- Availability for after hours calls on a rotating basis.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND PERCEPTUAL FUNCTIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot or cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and flammable materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- Pushing and pulling 50 lbs.
- Floor to knuckle lifting of 70 lbs.
- Knuckle to shoulder lifting of 20 lbs.
- Shoulder to Overhead lifting of 20 lbs.
- Position may require working long days (with overtime pay as legally required) evening hours and weekends as needed seasonally.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.