- Date Published: August, 22, 2023
- Contact Name: Heather Nichols
- Phone: 5757582258 ext.156
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KCI is at the forefront of telecommunication expansion by helping design and builds a cutting-edge network. KCI is proud to be providing broadband in Rural Northern New Mexico. KCI has excellent opportunities for business and personal growth! KCI is seeking a Telecom Engineer with an understanding of ISP and Broadband deployment with an understanding of OSP mapping (reading and/or drafting) experience to contribute to designing new fiber connection points to customers. The successful engineer will be responsible for identifying local tie points and new fiber lateral routes to serve local customers, reserving fiber wavelengths, and assigning the official design to construction.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring technical expertise and industry expertise in Advanced Telecommunications networks, equipment, and services.
- Apply the industry knowledge and technical expertise to evaluate proposed telecom infrastructure build plans to determine feasibility and viability.
- Building regional and local broadband deployment plans may lead to evaluating various alternatives including broadband technologies, deployment options, costs, etc.
- Conduct surveys of pole lines for the installation of new cable.
- Conduct building surveys in order to determine routing and riser requirements.
- Knowledge of underground cable route planning studies and the ability to prepare cable design and splicing print packages.
- Prepare engineering proposals and construction bid packages for Client approval.
- Knowledge of Third-Party Licensing for both pole line and conduit occupancy.
- Coordination with contractors, property owners, municipalities, and clients.
- Updating systems and databases and generating required engineering reports.
- Review engineering drawings for accuracy.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study with a telecommunication focus.
- Knowledge of outside plant fiber optic cable design phases, familiarity with cable placing and splicing techniques.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Have experience in the operations, equipment and servicing costs, maintenance, grooming, optimization, and upgrade of such networks.
- Familiarity and experience maintaining, servicing, and replacement of core and non-core components of such systems is also preferred.
- Strong understanding of NESC and NEC Specifications
- Familiarity with government grant programs will be preferred
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.
The foregoing position description is not limiting nor is it all-inclusive of the duties to which an incumbent employee may be assigned. In order to ensure maximum workforce flexibility and efficiency, to promote cross-training among positions, and to meet changing business needs, employees will be assigned to such differing and additional duties as are deemed necessary or desirable by management.
Other Positions Available
- Position Available Schedule Date Posted
- Accounting Manager August 29, 2023
- Electric Mapping Technician August 22, 2023
- Electric Staking Agent II
- Electric Systems Engineer
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Telecom Engineer
- Tree Trimmer
- Propane Delivery Driver September 15, 2023
- Propane Service Technician
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative General Application August 22, 2023