- Date Published: August, 22, 2023
- Contact Name: Heather Nichols
- Phone: 5757582258 ext. 156
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Tree Trimmer for KCEC, you will perform tree trimming, right-of-way clearance and other duties in support of the construction and maintenance of the electrical power distribution system to insure we provide the best possible service for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Receives instructions regarding specific projects and work assignments
- Assembles necessary tools, equipment, materials, and supplies for transportation to the worksite.
- May cut or trim trees, clear brush or undergrowth, and otherwise maintain proper clearance between natural vegetation and energized lines
- May clear easement or right-of-way sites for new construction, service extensions, etc.
- Gathers and disposes of chips, cuttings, etc.
- Receives instruction and training in the proper use, care and maintenance of tools, equipment and vehicles, as well as safety and protective gear, apparel and equipment.
- Receives training and demonstrates proficiency in the principles and practices of first-aid, emergency, medical treatment, rescue and firefighting
- Prepares and submits job-related reports and records, as assigned
- Assists in outages and other critical or emergencies.
What you bring:
- High School education or GED certificate, required.
- Successful completion of a four-year progressive, on-the-job training program
- Must have a valid CDL
- A sound working knowledge of all job-related provisions of the National Safety Code, OSHA Regulations, and REA guidelines and specifications.
Working Conditions; Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
- The position’s essential functions and principal duties are performed out-of-doors and are thus subject to inclement weather, temperature extremes, and unimproved terrain.
- Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, crouching, working in awkward positions, and pushing, pulling and lifting of heavy objects is required, as is working on, around and about heavy moving equipment.
- Hazards are inherent to the position and, while some control and mitigation is possible, they cannot be eliminated, and include cuts, falls, scrapes, bruises, electrical shocks, falling objects and working around and with vehicles and moving parts and equipment.
- The incumbent must possess normal levels of spatial ability; manual dexterity; form and depth perception; speech, hearing and visual acuity; and bodily equilibrium and balance.
- The incumbent must possess and demonstrate the cognitive skills and abilities to perform the following activities on a regular basis: read, write; perform mathematical calculations; weigh and measure; learn from and perform activities based on written text; implement orders and directives; analyze and solve problems; evaluate results; train and direct others; present oral and written information; adhere to fixed methods/procedures/standards; coordinate and integrate personal duties with those of others; adjust to constantly changing duties; and, react promptly and appropriately to critical and/or emergency situations.
The foregoing position description is not limiting nor is it all-inclusive of the duties to which an incumbent employee may be assigned. In order to ensure maximum workforce flexibility and efficiency, to promote cross-training among positions, and to meet changing business needs, employees will be assigned to such differing and additional duties as are deemed necessary or desirable by management.
Other Positions Available
- Position Available Schedule Date Posted
- Accounting Manager August 29, 2023
- Electric Mapping Technician August 22, 2023
- Electric Staking Agent II
- Electric Systems Engineer
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Telecom Engineer
- Tree Trimmer
- Propane Delivery Driver September 15, 2023
- Propane Service Technician
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative General Application August 22, 2023