- Date Published: August, 1, 2022
- Contact Name: Shannon Roberts
- Email: email@example.com
Propane Delivery Driver
The Propane Delivery Driver is responsible for propane fuel delivery to specified locations in an efficient, safe, and efficient manner while promoting and maintaining superior customer satisfaction.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Deliver refined fuel and propane products on assigned route and schedule.
- Communicate any necessary route changes and/or issues directly to Propane Lead Driver.
- Operate vehicles safely, according to policies and guidelines set forth by law or by Kit Carson Propane Inc.
- Provide feedback to Propane Lead Driver regarding route efficiencies and customer needs.
- Properly use handheld systems for accurate deliveries.
- Communicate any issues as they relate to accidents or injuries immediately to the Propane Office or Kit Carson Propane Operation Manager.
- Inspect customer installations to ensure safe and dependable operation and report any issues to the Propane Office, Propane Lead Driver or Operations Manager.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections and report any truck safety issues immediately to the Propane Lead Driver.
- Be knowledgeable about all products and services offered by company.
- Present a positive image of Kit Carson Propane to the community.
- Support and understand company policies and procedures and be able to communicate those to customers as needed.
- Partner with Kit Carson Propane Customer Service and Kit Carson Propane management to provide exceptional customer service and promptly address all customer inquiries and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining all required certifications: CDL physicals, HazMat testing and fingerprinting.
- Collect customer payments at time of delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned vehicle in a safe and clean condition and for performing daily and monthly bobtail procedures, e.g., ESV-Hose and Piping inspections.
- In off-season delivery times, perform service work (tank set, tank painting, plant maintenance) as directed by management.
- Perform pressure checks when storage tanks are out of fuel.
- Responsible for all service calls when on standby status.
- All other duties as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (IF ANY):
Reports to Propane Lead Driver.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY (IF ANY):
Within scope of procedure for tasks.
- Commitment to a culture of safety and to personal safety practices.
- knowledge of and compliance with Federal, State, Local and company regulations and policies
- Decision-making within known boundaries.
- Ethical practices.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND PERCEPTUAL FUNCTIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot or cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and flammable materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. The
- Pushing and pulling 80 lbs.
- Floor to knuckle lifting of 70 lbs.
- Knuckle to shoulder lifting of 35 lbs.
- Shoulder to Overhead lifting of 50 lbs.
- Position may require working long days (with overtime pay as legally required) evening hours and weekends as needed seasonally.
SUCCESS IN THE JOB – HOW DETERMINED?
Attainment of key performance indicators (KPIs). Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are:
- keeping autofill customers current,
- safe driving record,
- accurate and timely paperwork, maintenance of vehicles,
- proper and timely maintenance of equipment and tools.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, PREFERENCES:
The position requires an independent, courteous, efficient and dedicated employee. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years tanker experience within the last 5 years (preferred)
- Class A or B Commercial License w/clean driving record
- Hazmat endorsement is required at time of hire or within 90 days of hire.
- CDL is required at time of hire or within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language.
- Ability to operate in adverse weather conditions, including off road.
- Ability to abide by all DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals and reports.
- Ability to respond knowledgeably and accurately to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Consistently demonstrates cooperative, team-oriented behavior.
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in the Propane field and on the road.
Other Positions Available
- Position Available Schedule Date Posted
- Tree Trimmer August 11, 2022
- Tier 1 ISP NOC Technician January 20, 2021
- Telecom Engineer August 11, 2022
- Propane Service Technician August 1, 2022
- Propane Operations Manager
- Propane Delivery Driver
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative General Application April 12, 2019
- Human Resources Manager August 11, 2022
- Electric Staff Accountant
- Electric Mapping Technician